Plaid Councillors – On Your Side!
by Alun Llewelyn – Plaid Cymru Leader at Neath Port Talbot Council
Plaid Cymru – The Party of Wales is the main opposition party at Neath Port Talbot Council.
Our 15 committed and dynamic County Councillors represent areas across Neath Port Talbot, from the Swansea and Neath Valleys to the towns of Pontardawe, Neath and Port Talbot.
We have gained many council seats in recent years, and in the Neath Constituency Plaid Cymru is now neck-and-neck with Labour.
We work hard for our communities, effectively campaigning on the issues that matter to people.
- Getting fair play for the valleys
- Changing the Local Development Plan
- Planning a better future for the historic market town of Neath
- Securing the future of Neath railway station
- Securing modern health facilities in the Neath Valley
- Calling for a Green New Deal to rebuild the Welsh economy and improve our environment during and after the Covid 19 period
- Maintaining the essential services that are so important -and keeping front line services that make a difference to how our areas look and feel
Covid 19 has been a huge challenge – putting great pressure on council services across the country. In Neath Port Talbot we already have one of the highest Council Tax rates in Wales, and the Plaid group of Councillors argued again in the 2020 Council Budget to keep Council Tax to a more reasonable level. We now call on UK Government and Welsh Government to ensure that there is enough support for council services during Covid – the people of Neath Port Talbot should not face huge rises in Council Tax or damaging cuts in council services.
As well as our County Councillors, there are dozens of Plaid Cymru Town and Community Councillors within the Neath Constituency really making a difference - keeping parks, community halls, playschemes, and all sorts of activities open in our communities.
Plaid councillors in Neath Port Talbot are on your side!